If you are going through the eviction process, you will want to work with an Anaheim eviction lawyer.Â Oftentimes, a landlord may seek to evict a tenant without thinking ifÂ there is a valid reason for the eviction or ignoring the repercussions of an unfavorable ruling. As a result, the landlord may be penalized and will need the assistance of an Anaheim eviction attorney to help clean up the mess.
Court Rules for Tenant
Following a ruling for the tenant, the court may make the following orders:
- Tenant may not have to move out
- Landlord may be responsible for paying the court costs and fees associated with the eviction
- Tenant may be ordered to pay back any unpaid rent even though the tenant is not ordered evicted
As you can see, you will want to work with an Anaheim eviction lawyer as the penalties for losing an eviction process can be severe. For example, not only may you have to pay the fees for your Anaheim eviction lawyer, but you may also have to pay the costs for the tenant’s Anaheim eviction attorney.
Court Rules for Landlord
If the court rules for the landlord, the court may make the following orders:
- Tenant will usually be ordered to move out
- Tenant may be ordered to pay the court costs and fees associated with the eviction
- Tenant may be ordered to any damages such as property damage, unpaid rent, and costs of repairs
Even if you win the eviction hearing, it is important to have an Anaheim eviction lawyer on your side. Your attorney can help argue for damages and explain why the tenant should be removed.
Contact an Anaheim Eviction Lawyer
The eviction process can have serious consequences for both landlords and tenants. If you have any questions about an eviction, contact an attorney at Schiff & Shelton by calling (949) 417-2211.